Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Trip To The Snow!

I know it's been awhile since I have written, sorry, we have been battling that awful cold/flu in our house. Bryan had it a few weeks ago, and last Friday I felt like I was coming down with it, so I have been going to bed early when I can.

We went for a trip to Crestline. A friend of mine has a cabin up there, it is so adorable, and such an easy drive (this coming from someone who always has gotten car sick her whole life while going up to Big Bear). If you ever want to rent it, get in touch with me and I will give you her phone number. Anyhoo, we had such a great time. When we got there, there was still a lot of snow. So we had (and when I say we, you know I mean Bryan and the kids)...lol....some snow to shovel so we could walk up to the door.
The kids had such a great time shoveling and playing in the snow. It was so nice because we didn't really have to go anywhere for the kids to sled, they could sled right next to the house. it was just PERFECT!

While we were there, these two beautiful Golden retrievers came and wanted to play. They were the best dogs! I guess they live up there and their owners just let them out during the day and let them roam around. The kids fell in love with them. If the kids would sled down the hills, the dogs would run beside them, and when the kids would stop and if they would lay down, the dogs would go over and lick them and sit next to them. I mean seriously, they were the best dogs EVER. Bryan wanted to take them home with us! LOL We all did, they were such GREAT dogs!


Lake Gregory is just down aways from the Cabin, so we went down there and walked around. It was COLD!!!!!! The wind was whipping like crazy, but it was just so beautiful and peaceful there!
We can't wait to go back up there again. We all had such a great time, thanks Laurie for letting us stay at your cabin!!! We had an absolutely awesome time!!!!




2 comments:

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Brrr, snow!! I'm ready for spring! I saw a sign today that said there are 61 more days until spring...ugh!

I answered your paint question in the comment question on my blog. :)

~ Sarah

Pink Slippers said...

Thanks for the offer. I found it at Michael's and I'm going use a 40 % coupon. Have a great weekend.